Five words you must know and use to remain focused toward your goals
Often we hear that success leaves clues, it is so true; though, we ignore or are oblivious to these clues.
I am not afraid (not anymore, anyway!) to admit that I am a “geek” and I love studying things that are of interest to me.
One of the many things I am interested in is success, not only because I coach people toward it but because I love the idea of attaining it in virtually any area of our lives.
As I already mention success leaves clues behind, evidence that it is possible and that pretty much “anyone” can achieve.
These clues may be pretty obvious or so challenging that they require a lot of study and effort.
These are the five words we must know and use to remain focused toward our success (in my opinion):
- Feedback, though sometimes we dreaded and hate it, feedback is by far the best way to find our if we are in the right path or not. We can as our friends/family, bosses, colleagues and peers to feed us back on what we do. In NLP we say that there isn’t failure ONLY feedback.
- Motivation, some people are very blessed to be self-motivated and they find this part very easy; though, for those you aren’t self-motivated finding something that propels you forward and reward yourself for your achievements.
- Planning: can you bake a perfect cake without a recipe? Can you get from Eatrh to the Moon with a vague idea of what is wanted and achievable? Planning is paramount in order to accomplish our goals.
- Vision: if you can’t see it in your mind, then you won’t recognise it when it is in front of you. It could be said that there are many similarities between planning and having a vision. Of you can’t see it, it won’t happen.
- Lastly, sharing, we are so fixated and obsessed with our lives and everything around us. that we become isolated islands and “forget” to make new connections. However, many beautiful things start to happen when you share your plans, victories and failures, people start to pay attention you want you do and those who are committed to your success.
Please note that this list isn’t exhaustive, these are the clues I have noticed and learned along the way.
Till next time,