I remember one day reading about happiness and reasons to be happy.
One of the articles I came across was about gratitude where a gentleman shared how every time he asked someone how they were if they started complaining he’d say:
Can I stop you there and ask you a few questions?
Most people would say yes and he’d ask:
- Have you had a cup of hot coffee this morning? (Yes they’d reply)
- Do you have a job? (Yes)
- Do you have a roof over your head? (Yes)
- Do you have a family that loves you? (Yes)
- Do you have good health? (Yes)
And they say what are you complaining about?
Too often we forget about the blessings we have in our lives and we end up taking them for granted.
We focus in the small things that have little or no ssignificance, we add meaning to them and see them as the truth.
It is almost as if we were drinking the poison and expecting others to die.
Quite frankly we end up being ungrateful and quite cynical about life.
What are you really grateful for?
I will tell you what I am grateful for”
- I am thankful for being alive, being able to see, hear, breathe and feel.
- I am thankful for my friends and family.
- I am thankful for my line of work and the difference in get to make in people’s lives.
- I am thankful and grateful for being able to express myself freely and encourage others to do so too.
- I am thankful and blessed for the animals and plants that help us to remain in this planet to see another day.
I would love to hear what you are tthankful for in the comments box.
Till next time,